Checkout the 7 Crucial Tips for Healthy Skin in Winter
Winter brings with it the joy of enjoying outdoors and having fun with friends, but on the other hand, you also dread you skin that has gone all dry and flaky. Well nobody likes dry skin and the itchiness that it brings with it. There are many people who hide their skin behind long-sleeved dresses and pants. Well, it does fulfill the requirement of staying away from freezing. But what if you want to sport some short dresses during your social gatherings or the prom night? Not to worry girls you will definitely earn a supple skin that is smooth and soft. We will describe the simple steps to check out the crucial tips for healthy skin in winter.
How to care for your skin?
Read on to find out how to care for your skin during the winters. The first thing to remember is that the winter months are not skin friendly. The freezing temperature and the wind along with the snow can play havoc on the skin. Your skin gets chafed, cracked, rough and dry. The problem is also faced by people with oily skin. But people with dry skin have to be extra careful about protecting their skin. There are some simple steps that will help you relieve dry skin issues and give you some tips for healthy skin.
Tips for healthy skin
Here are the 7 crucial tips for healthy skin
The general recommendations that you get in winters is to moisturize the skin daily after every two hours. In winter your regular moisturizer won’t help. So get the one that has more oil or moisture in it that will help the skin from drying up. Depending on the region you live in, people near the Polar regions or people who experience snow in their region are the most affected as compared to those near the equator.
- Drink lots of water, even though you do not need much during the winter months. Water is essential to keep the skin free from toxins. It also helps to keep it moist.
- Take bath in lukewarm water as it will help retain the natural moisture and from cracking or flaking. Unlike hot water that can clean off the skin completely of oils and moisture. Although you do enjoy hot water bath during summers, it is not good for the skin.
- Use a liberal amount of sunscreen lotion when you leave home. Ice has the ability to reflect UV rays back to the skin so your skin will be affected by the rays of the sun.
- Use a heavy moisturizer all over your body that will protect you from the wind, snow and central heating.
- Also, take care of cracked feet by applying the right product made for cracked feet. Remember a body moisturizer will not help heal the cracks developed during the winters. Same goes for your hands. They are most affected as you get them in water more often and they go dry. Use a good hand moisturizer to help from feeling tight and uncomfortable.
- Be careful with what you wear. You should use warm clothes that will provide maximum protection. Long sleeves and full pants will help the skin from getting dry due to the cold winds. Besides, a sweater and thick clothes will help to retain the moisture in the skin.