Hyperpigmentation, dark spots, discoloration are some of the skin problems that everyone is struggling with. The pollution in the air has made so many harmful effects on our skin, that we need to do extra care for our body and skin so that we look fine and glowy at the same time.
Today, we will read about this very famous product from the skincare brand Dermalogica which will help you fight your skincare issues related to hyperpigmentation.
First, let us know more about the brand and how it works.
What is Dermalogica?
Dermalogica is a skincare brand that was started in the year 1986, in Los Angeles.
A tenured, United Kingdom-trained skin therapist new to the American “esthetician” market, Jane Wurwand acknowledged that continuing education in skin and body therapy in the United States was virtually non-existent. Although her training was thorough and profound, US students were licensed but under-trained and, worse, under-respected in the industry.
Jane put her learning into motion, establishing a small classroom under The International Dermal Institute in Marina del Rey, California (IDI). To make them ambitious in the market, she welcomed licensed skin therapists to get hands-on with the advanced study. Today, with 37 locations worldwide, IDI is deemed the international gold-standard for postgraduate skin and body therapy preparation.
Happy Birthday, Dermalogica!
It did not take long for Jane to remember while teaching at IDI that no product line supported her belief in skin health instead of “beauty,” so she created her own. And in 1986, the birth of Dermalogica. The vision was clear: a product line free of prevalent irritants and components that could cause breakouts that would enhance skin health (including lanolin, SD alcohol, mineral oil, artificial colours, and fragrances) and was only available from certified skincare practitioners trained at the International Dermal Institute.
They are observed as cruelty-free by PETA (People for the Humane Treatment of Animals).
- For all but 4 of our products, they are vegan certified.
- Since 1986, they have been clean. Artificial colours, parabens, tobacco, microplastics, fragrances, mineral oil, lanolin, S.D. are free from their formulations.
- Ninety per cent of their packaging will be recyclable or bio-degradable. Most of their packaging is sustainable.
- Both the paper and cartons that we they are FSC accredited to be sustainable for forests in the future.
- All their formulations are made in California, which has some of the best environmental and consumer safeguards in the world.
C-12 pure bright serum
Hyperpigmentation and irregular skin tone are only balanced by a healthy skin brightening serum. C-12 pure bright serum resolves pigmentation imbalance by an exclusive combination of oligopeptides, plus rice-derived phytic acid, antioxidant zinc glycinate, and red and brown algae. To maximise effectiveness and improve luminosity, the advanced formula of C-12 pure bright serum absorbs rapidly.
How to use
Apply directly to areas of irregular skin tone after washing. Using it twice a day for the best performance. For product absorption, allow it to stay on your face for one minute. Follow Pure Light SPF50 during the day and Pure Night during the evening for the best performance.
Oligopeptide-34 & Oligopeptide-51
An oligopeptide is a small protein molecule that is often referred to as a peptide. It consists of 13 amino acids strung up that tackle melanin formation. In skincare products, oligopeptides are a popular ingredient. That is because their skin benefits are equivalent to those of retinoids. This blend helps overcome hyperpigmentation and discolouration as the formulae help the skin enhance itself powerfully.
Rice Extract is an ingredient made from Mie Prefecture rice brewed from sake. Sake produced by the fermented power of malted rice and yeast includes different amino acids and organic acids. It is supposed to be beneficial in changing the skin’s amplitude in the same way as a sake bath.
The rice extract in this product helps the skin to avoid or reduce the melanin formation in your skin, leading to a decrease in dark spots and other pigmentation issues.
Red Algae & Brown Algae
By restraining enzymes that burst down collagen in the skin, Algae has demonstrated anti-ageing properties. Increasing skin moisture, moisture absorption, elasticity, and encouraging skin smoothness, Red Algae has been recognized for its incredible overall skincare benefits. Brown algae have fucoidan in it, which can help wound healing by preventing the skin from breaking down elastic fibres over time. The active anti-ageing component of red algae is called mycosporine-like amino acids, which also absorb specific UV light wavelengths. Studies have shown that red algae can enhance skin smoothness and firmness when used topically. The algae extract present in this product inhibits melanin and transfers the melanosome pigments to skin cells.
The serum is to be used in a very small quantity, and thus, this 50ml of the product will last for at least 2-3 months. If you can afford the price, go for it!
- “This serum is on the expensive side as most Dermalogica product. I am using this Serum for ten days now, and I can myself see the difference between this serum and Serum I have purchased from Brands like Clinique, Clarins and Yves Rocher.” – Company Website
- “Not suitable for sensitive skin. Giving rashes and itching for sensitive skin .not noticed much difference in skin tone also.” – Amazon User
- “After one use, you can see the result. My sister used this product before the marriage to get glowing skin. This product did make her skin look fabulous in a few days. It even reduces hyperpigmentation. I highly recommended this product.” – Amazon User